Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!


Usually, for the last three years or so, I have had to work on the 4th of July. Last year, I worked and Dwayne spent the evening with my family.

This year, I was off and Dwayne had to work. I was able to spend it with my family. I grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner and we all ate together.

We have a tradition of watching the movie "The Sandlot" every 4th of July. True to form, we watched it again this year and then went outside to watch the fireworks.

From our house you can see almost all the fireworks. We set up our lawn chairs in the street just to the side of the house and sat back and relaxed until the show started. This year we had our dessert outside. Popsicles and Ice-cream sandwiches....they were yummy!

Some of our neighbors had extra sparklers. They gave us a few boxes to have fun with while we waited for the fireworks. We had fun with them!

Even Auntie had a few!

Mom wasn't too thrilled with them so I did extra for her!


Jordan and Auntie

Mom and John
It was a fun night, just missed having Dwayne there! It was an early evening for us all because I had to work the next morning but we had a good time. Until Next Year! :)

No comments: