Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Braces are Gone!

Since February of 2007 I have had braces on. Just 5 months shy of three years it was time to get them off!

This picture is a little scary but that's kind of how I was feeling on the inside the day we left the house to drive to Reno so I could get my braces put on.


I had several unseen reasons for needing braces. I never thought I would be getting braces but I did.


So, I went to Dr. Andrews in Reno and had my braces put on.


I wasn't all that thrilled to have them put on though.


When it was all over, I had a mouth full of metal!


Today was the day I got to drive to Reno to get them off!


I ate my breakfast in the car on the way so I needed to make a pit stop at the sink to brush my teeth.


This would be the last time I brush with all the metal and brackets and hooks in my mouth.


It was time for the big moment, the braces were taken off!


Then she had to scrape off the cement that was used to hold all that stuff in my mouth.


Here is a look at some of the tools they use to do my adjustments and to take off my braces.


And there they are, the braces that were on my teeth.


Two hours later, it was all finished! My braces were off and they gave me a water bottle filled with treats that I wasn't able to eat while they were on. It had laffy taffy, bazooka bubble gum, starbursts and hard little candies.


And here is my smile today. No braces, just me! It feels so good to have them off. I keep getting asked how it feels to have them gone. Some people have heard that teeth feel slimy when they come off but I feel differently. I tell people that it feels like I have fake teeth. I think it may take some getting used to with them gone but I don't have any complaints about that! It is nice to have them gone!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

You look AWESOME!!!! Congratulations!!! Wait...we were suppose to go to lunch...??? Traci & I want to go to lunch with you!