Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Nursing School Updates


Well, I have made it to my final semester in nursing school! Yay! This semester has been extra busy for us. The above picture was from the very first day of our last Med/Surg Clinical rotation that started in February.


We've been driving a lot this semester. We drive 3-6 days a week either to Carson City or Reno.


When you are on those roads you have to be very careful. The roads had become full of cows grazing nearby and several people had been hitting them. As a safety precaution one of our husbands had suggested a helmet. Well, we like to be safe so here we are in our helmets! :)


The semester has us doing lots of things out in the community.
On one particular day we were at the Junior High School doing school screenings. We assisted in the vision screenings and the scoliosis screenings.

Afterwards, it was time for a quick bite at one of our favorite lunch spots, Maine Street Cafe. For the last four semesters we have been going there during lunch breaks to eat and study. The food is delicious and they are always very good to us! The above picture is of myself and my classmate Marci.

At the end of February/ beginning of March the entire nursing class got together to take their group/class photo. Here I am with Nate and Marci, two of my classmates.
Val, my partner in crime for most of the program. It was kind of neat to know, that what we were doing was bringing us one step closer to graduation!

During February was Valentine's day too. Due to our busy schedules, we were both working on the holiday. One night after I got back from clinicals I had these wonderful surprises waiting for me!

We ended up exchanging gifts a little early and celebrating with dinner and a movie a little late.
So, I have exactly 2 months until graduation. I can't wait! Graduation is May 24th, at 7pm and then on Tuesday, May 25th we will be pinned in the Nursing Pinning Ceremony, a tradition that all nursing schools have. I can't believe how fast time is flying by! This chapter is certainly almost to a close but, I received news yesterday in the mail that my next chapter will soon be starting! I have been accepted to the RN to BSN program at UNR. I will register for classes for the fall semester and depending on how I choose to do the program, I will graduate from UNR either next December (2011) or the next (2012). I am both excited and very nervous!
I have been applying to and interviewing for jobs all over the area and I hope to start getting some job offers here soon! I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I am so excited for YOU!...YOU go girl. You look GREAT!