Saturday, March 7, 2009

Winter Fun part Two

This post is long over due. With the few snow flurries we've been having here in F-town I realized that I have yet to post a blog about our ski trip. Also, I was hoping to get another in before all the snow went away but I don't think that is going to happen due to time/schedule issues. Anyhow, on one of the previous three day weekends, D and I actually had some shared time off! We packed up the skis and put on our winter wear and made the drive up to Mt. Rose. On the drive up the mountain I was getting a little nervous because all the signs were beginning to flash that chains or snow tires were required ( which incase you are wondering, no, we didn't have any) and the snow was beginning to really come down. D was a calm as could be. He was confident that we could make it up that hill without any problems. So onward we went!


He was right! We made it to the top without any major concerns. Once we had parked it was beautiful! D started to suit up but I had to wait unitl we went to the rental window.


I'm not as good at skiing as D is. He's been doing it a lot longer than I have...the last time I went was in 2002 and that was the first and only time I have ever been! But, I love it anyway! Since I am not good at skiing, we traded my lift ticket in for a "First Timer's Package." The package includes ski rentals, a lesson, and a green slopes lift ticket. So, after being fitted for my gear I waited until my lesson started. D went off to do a few runs on his own (remember he is way better than I'll ever be!) and then came back to me when he was tired.




After the lesson is over we are turned loose so D and I went up the lift together and took some pictures on the way down the mountain. Okay, so it's a bunny slope but hey, I really feel like I'm skiing!



Skiing is such a workout! You are so tired when you are done, tired and hungry! Since we had to drive through Reno on our way home anyway, we decided to get some dinner. This was a great plan until we got stuck on the mountain for an HOUR! Toward the bottom of the hill someone had spun out and caused an accident so as a result, traffic was backed up. The funny thing was we were parked next to a sign that read: NO STOPPING- AVALANCHE AREA. And this is where we waited....for AN HOUR! Just a little scary. When we were finally allowed to move, we were starving! We went to Red Robin and ordered food as soon as we sat down. It was nice to get in from the cold to the warm and get some delicious food. Overall, it was a tiring but super fun day!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Hey honey your page looks great! Just wondering where's my Halo? You don't have any pictures of him lately.
Love you! xoxoxo

4 cute chicks said...

I'm proud of you for getting out there and hitting the slopes. Looks like you guys had a great time. You're SO CUTE together!
Nice to see you posting again. Keep up the good work.