Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Steven's Graduation

Okay, June has proven to be quite busy for us! My birthday kicked the month off and then we had a few graduations to attend. One of the graduations was out of town. Dwayne has been taking a summer class and working. I have been working as well and just went on a weekend trip. We still continue to do little projects around the house. There have just been lots of little things popping up here and there. I usually update the blog at work during our downtime at night but the company has blocked our access to the site. I am sorry it has taken a while for me to get on and blog but I used to do it at work! Anyhow, on with the new blogs! To start, here is the blog about Steven's graduation! (To see more pictures, click the link on the right to my mom's blog page, at the bottom of her blog she has picture slide shows)


Mom getting Steven's gown ready

Steven graduated from Churchill County High School on June 5, 2009. Fallon is the home of the Greenwave. This year, they held graduation on the high school football field, a first! Usually they have the graduation ceremony at the fair grounds since it holds more people.


Steven's name on the scoreboard at graduation

He walked with his long time friend Mike. We the immediate family got to sit in the VIP sitting area and the rest of the fam sat in the bleachers. It was so very cold that night. There was no rain but the wind was blowing and there was a chill in the air. Regardless, it was great being there and seeing my brother, the last of the three of us, walk across stage and graduate from high school.

Looking for a place to hang the decorations


Getting the house ready for graduation



Hanging out with the California family before the ceremony

Steven with his good friend Mike before heading over to the ceremony


Us waiting for the ceremony to start


Steven and Mike walking in

Helicopter fly over from the Navy base in honor of the graduates!
Steven getting ready to sing with the senior choir
Steven walking across stage and getting his diploma



The family after

Siblings


Steven with his cake at his party


The family at the party
Me and Dwayne with Steve

1 comment:

Jo said...

I am sooo envious you got a pic of his name on the scoreboard! I was wishing I had gotten a pic of my sisters!! That was so cool!