Sunday, November 22, 2009

Girl's Trip

On October 16, 17 and 18, my best friend Erin and I took our quarterly girls trip. This time we went to Sacramento.

Friday after Erin was off work we loaded up and headed over the mountain to Sacramento. We browsed through Ikea and then checked into our hotel.
Down the street from our hotel, probably about 2 blocks or so, was PF Changs. We decided to have them sit us where ever was first available. Turned out, we got sat on the patio. It was really nice weather so we didn't mind one bit! We were able to make friends with a group of firefighters at the table next to us who were there visiting the Fallen Firefighter Memorial. There was plenty of interesting people watching from our table as well.

The main reason for this particular trip was so we could attend the Scrapbook Expo. They have this event yearly and we thought it would be fun to see all the different vendors and scrap booking ideas.

The expo was held at the Sacramento Convention Center. Erin did a great job getting our hotel withing walking distance so we could avoid having to pay for parking. We got up, had breakfast at our hotel, and walked about a mile down the road to the expo where we spent a good portion of our day but not a lot of money! (we still aren't sure how we managed that one!)

When we had seen all that we needed to see we walked back to the hotel and got in the car to head out to our next destination: shopping at the outlet malls in Folsom! Along the way we had lunch and then shopped until we were all shopped out.


Fall is our favorite season and at the outlets there were beautiful fall trees everywhere. We paused so we could take a picture with our favorite fall colors behind us.


After we were done shopping we loaded up again and headed to Placerville. I had never been to Apple Hill so we thought this would be a good opportunity to spend some time there. We stayed in this hotel....it wasn't too bad...just shy of Norman Bates scary. Okay, maybe it wasn't that bad but it was definitely older. The bonus was it was just down the hill from all the orchards.


First up was apple picking!


Apple trees were everywhere so we got our little apple picker thingy-ma-bob and headed on out to find us some apples! The apple I spotted was way at the top of course so I made Erin try for it!



Next I was up


I found an apple a little easier to reach for my endeavor


Here we are under the tree after we had collected our apples


We spent the rest of the day going from orchard to orchard. To end it all we went to a pumpkin patch to find our pumpkins. The houses above were on the outside of the orchard. They really have that scary Halloween horror movie look to them don't they? Would you believe me if I told you people actually live in them? Well, people do! A lot of the workers actually use them as housing.


Erin was on her mission to find the perfect pumpkin


I was looking for my own perfect pumpkin....

....and decided this was the one. Almost perfectly round and little blemishes.


Erin ended up finding "twin" pumpkins and bringing them both home


We have conquered the pumpkin patch!

One of my favorite seasonal things to do with one of my favorite people!


This is my new friend, "Ghostie"


Look a pumpkin washing station!


The end of a great trip! After we got our pumpkins we loaded up and headed for home. It was a really nice weekend away. I can't wait until our next trip! Thanks to my friend who goes on all these adventures with me, you make them wonderful!

No comments: