Sunday, November 22, 2009

Halloween Part 2


Halloween started off with us doing last minute decorating and errand running. Halo was ready to help.


Here we are running errands, yes with devil horns and all!


Halloween night we hosted a Halloween party for the family. I made cocoa-krispie tomb stones...


...."mummy wraps," taco soup and mac and cheese. Mom brought over some yummies too including her caramel popcorn balls.



Here's the crew outside doing the pumpkins for the yard


Dwayne's making sure all the decorations are in place


Care for some of my witch's brew?


And John has arrived! Check out that vampire outfit


Lt. Dangle on patrol!


So everyone comes over just before trick-or-treat starts. The kids get ready to go get candy and the adults get dressed up and walk around stalking those that come to our door. After its over we come inside for food, games and movies


My uncle Shane and my brother Steven

My aunt Elaine, my cousin Jordan and my cousin Katana


My sister Melanie, she was pink, and my brother Steven, I don't know what he was

John and Mom as vampires


I even had everyone vote on four different Halloween costume categories for a Halloween Costume contest. My aunt, Elaine won the most original costume category for her way cool Mummy costume


My uncle Shane won the scariest costume category


My cousin Katana won the coolest costume category but it was a close race between her and Steven. Dwayne won the funniest costume category but he had left the party to take a nap since he had to work that night. All the winners were given a prize bag. It had a Wal-mart gift card and some goodies in it.


When we decorate we go all out. Big spookies, lots of pumpkins, strobe lights, black light, fog machine and scary music.


A view of the decor in the dark


This greeted you as you walked up to the door


Most of the group from the party. Not everyone is in the picture that was there though. As you can see most everyone had changed out of their costumes by this time of the night. Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

You guys always know how to do it just right! Wow...looks like a fun time!

Cindy said...

I thought for SURE....I would come to your blog and find.....SNOW and Christmas decorating stories....BUT you are obviously absorbed in NURSING School....even with a snow day! Can't wait for your updated blog!

Kariann said...

It has been way too long since your last post. I have no life and I am living vicariously through you. Please post more :)