Friday, May 21, 2010

Graduation News!



Well, if you have been watching my ticker to right of our page, you will see that graduation is just around the corner! I am happy to report that finals are over, I have taken my last nursing school exam and am no longer a Student Nurse, but now a Graduate Nurse. That was quite the two years! I am happy they are over but in a way, it is kind of bittersweet. The hard work payed off and now, it is time to graduate!




So what is up next now that I have finished nursing school? I have to take the State Board's exam to get licensed. Once I take and pass what is called the NCLEX, I will then be called an RN. Once that is over, I will be able to start working as a nurse. I have also been accepted into and enrolled into the Orvis School of Nursing's RN to BSN program at UNR. I will begin working toward my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing in the Fall. I will give more information about that as we get closer but for now, I think some celebration is in order!








Graduation will take place on

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 7:00 PM

at the Barkley Theater at Oats Park




The following day, Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 1:00 PM

the Nursing Program Pinning Ceremony will take place in Carson City.

The pinning ceremony is a tradition in the nursing community. New nursing graduates are pinned by someone they choose with traditionally, the school pin. The ceremony highlights the hard work the nursing students have done over the last two years. A class photo is dedicated to the school from the nursing class and photos are shown of our activities over the prior semesters. It is a special ceremony and is of high importance in the nursing community.



So, some of you are wondering where I will be working. I have been offered a job on the pediatric unit at Renown Health. I am very excited about this job opportunity and can't wait to start my new job.



The above picture is of some of the new co-workers I will be working with starting June 21st. I had the ability to do my final practicum rotation on the pediatric unit and as a result I was able to get a head start on my orientation to the floor and meet a lot of the people I will be seeing more regularly come June.


So, Renown will be my first home as a new nurse! I am very excited to start this new chapter in my life! The time I have already spent on the pediatric unit during May has proven to be the right place for me!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Tiff-I am so VERY PROUD of you! Congratulations! I knew you WOULD become a great nurse and I am so happy to hear you are continuing your education. I am looking forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for the invitation to your graduation tomorrow! You are the BEST! Go! Go! Go! Love and miss you, Cindy