Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Nursing School Pinning

Every year nursing classes all over the country have a special ceremony known as their pinning ceremony. Traditionally, they are pinned with the college's special school pin. The nursing student chooses someone special to them to pin them on stage while information about the the nursing student's future plans are read to the audience. Our ceremony was held Tuesday, May 25th in Carson City.

Above, is my nursing school class pin. Engraved on the backside are my initials TRM and my year 2010.

We all sat on stage alphabetically. On each side of the stage were video screens for the audience to see the action on stage better. As their nursing student was getting closer to be pinned, the people they had chosen to pin them would line up on the side of the stage.


Above are Mom and Dwayne, the two people I chose to pin me, waiting to come on stage for me.

Above, one of the instructors gives my pin to my mom and Dwayne to come and pin me with.

Mom did the pinning part to make sure it didn't fall off.

Dwayne had gotten me some really pretty roses that he gave me on stage.

Afterwards, we could pose for a picture with our special people. Once the pinning was done, we all returned to our seats until the ceremony was over.

My friend Darcey and her fiance Phil made this sign for me. While I was getting pinned they were in the audience waving the sign and cheering for me. It was awesome! Darcey graduated from the nursing program the year before me.

After the ceremony was over, we all went out for pizza!


It had been a long day and we just wanted to do something that was easy going.


As you can see, Dwayne was ready to cut loose.

Above is the guy making our pizza order

My mom had these little signs with each of our pictures on it for graduation for my sister and me. She brought the one she made for me with her to my pinning ceremony. On one side was my nursing school picture.

On the other side were little sayings and pictures that were awesome!

There were arcade games for everyone to play of course! Look at how intensely Dwayne and his dad are staring at the screen. Must be a pretty intense game!

My best friend Erin was even able to get off work and come to my ceremony.

The "gang" waiting for the pizzas to come out. Quick, somebody feed my sister! She's going loopy!

Erin and I together before she headed back home.

The fun machines had fake teeth. Dwayne and his dad were hooked. They were called "Dentures by D'Wayne" ha ha ha. How funny.
My Mommy and me before we left to go home. I love her so much! She and Dwayne were my biggest strengths during the nursing program. Thank you both so much!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I can't even begin to say how proud I am of you!....You have so much to offer....and this is just the (YOUR) beginning! Congratulations! Sorry I couldn't be there!! You have so much to offer..... BRING IT! Love, Cindy