Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Festivities

Our Christmas was full of parties, fun and family. We kicked off the holiday festivities with our annual family Christmas party. Since we had a new house this year, we hosted it. Generally the party rotates through various family members and this year, it was us! It was a lot of fun. We play games, eat a lot of food and exchange presents. With a big family there's always lots of excitement!










Our second party was in Fernley. Every year we get together with our closest friends for dinner, games and an ornament exchange. This year, Erin, my best friend hosted the party. We had a lot of fun once again. Since the party was in Fernley, D was all about going bowling at the newer Fernley bowling alley before the party.







On Christmas eve my family goes to church together. We go to mid-night mass and all sit together. It gives us a really nice chance to reflect on the real, true meaning of Christmas, the birth of Jesus.


Before mass, D insisted I open one of my presents. I argued but he won and I opened it. He had gotten me new pajamas and had wanted me to wear them that night.




Dwayne had to work Christmas eve night and I had to work Christmas night. So... we exchanged gifts with each other early Christmas morning when he got off of work and before both of us went to bed. It was a lot of fun and even Halo, our puppy got into the present opening action. Later that night we did gifts with my mom, brother, and sister after Christmas dinner.





As I previously blogged, we bought this new house and this was our first Christmas in it. Below is a picture of our tree in our new house!




We had a wonderful Christmas!




1 comment:

Anjanette Young said...

sounds like you guys had a great Christmas.

Love your tree.