Friday, July 3, 2009

Date Day with the Hubby


Dwayne has been a golfer for a long time now. He used to golf with his dad and his grandfather. He spent many days in San Diego golfing when he was stationed down there. Now he golfs with some friends of ours.



For a while he's been wanting to take me golfing and teach me how. On this last Monday, he was off work and so was I. It was the perfect opportunity.




First thing was first though, I needed some clubs. I had been given several gift cards over the last few months so we took them and applied them toward a set of golf clubs for me. I love them! They're mine AND they're PINK!



To learn, Dwayne decided it was best if we went to just the driving range on this day so I could learn the basics. He showed me how to swing and what my different clubs were used for.



So I watched as the "pro" showed me how it was done. Then, it was my turn to show him what I was made of!



I didn't do too bad. I don't have much power behind my swing but, I am able to keep it straight every time! He said that's half the battle.



( I know, I should be wearing khakis, but all I had were jeans....at least they weren't cut offs!)

YES! I got a piece of it!



I missed a few times but for the most part I think I did pretty good.


We had a good time out there. We're hoping to go to the driving range a few more times so that I can get it down a little better so that we can attempt to play 9 holes soon. It was really warm out there and we went through a lot of water but it was so fun! After, we went to the new candy store in town "Candylicious" and had ice cream, a great way to cool down.




For dinner we decided to drive into Sparks and have dinner at the new Olive Garden in the Legends shopping area. The wait wasn't too bad either. We only had about a 15 minute wait. The picture above is of me and my beautiful sister in the lobby.


Me and Dwayne at the table after our drinks were brought to us. Just waiting for the salad....

Mellie with her peach tea!
Quick somebody feed him!

Mmmmm.......salad......breadsticks......chicken alfredo........
We had a delicious dinner and then headed back home. It was so good and so worth the little drive! A fantastic day overall!

1 comment:

4 cute chicks said...

How fun!! I'm so impressed that you actually bought clubs before even trying it. I have never golfed before either. Maybe some day Taylor and I will have to do the same thing.
Glad to see that you guys mix things up all the time. Very cool!