Saturday, December 12, 2009

Giving thanks in 2009!

Well, as I sit here updating our page, the Christmas cards have been mailed and looking out the window, the snow has started to fall. We already have a good layer of snow on the ground much to my liking. I keep saying I want more snow and Dwayne keeps assuring that not only do we have plenty but that more is on the way. Turns out, that weather man of a husband was right! The snow is now coming down outside my window in large flakes. I love it! I have been a little slow in updating the page again, I apologize. We have been very busy. Dwayne has been taking quizes, taking finals and writing essays. I have been doing much of the same. We both have been working too and Dwayne has put in some overtime. Busy busy busy as usual! So, now that I had an afternoon available, I'd thought I would get this blog updated. Lets start with Thanksgiving!



Mom and I got the turkey ready the night before and on Thanksgiving morning I got up and put it in the oven.


Mom made most of the sides over at her house while the turkey was cooking at mine and then she came over and helped finish getting everything ready to eat. Perhaps it was more like she came over and I helped her.



Of course, football wasn't in shortage. The guys, John (my mom's boyfriend), Halo and Dwayne all sported their team jerseys.


They watched and talked football while the food was finishing up.



This was our thanksgiving table.


The centerpiece.



Then it was time to eat so we called everyone to the kitchen to dish it up.


Even Halo gets a plate on Thanksgiving (Christmas dinner too) and he inhaled it in about two seconds! It must have good.



Judging from Dwayne's look as he digs into the leg, it was!


Turkey overload!


When you get us all together, there's never a shortage of good times. Mellie and I were having a good time for sure.

Our family meals are always filled with laughter and love, always.

The siblings, Tiffy, Mellie, and Steve

The girls, Mommy, Mellie and Tiffy

Awe, look at that brotherly love!

Okay a more serious picture of the two. Dwayne and Mellie
We have so much to be thankful for and so much to be grateful for. We are thankful for all of you, our friends and our family. We are grateful for the home we have and all that's inside. We are grateful for the love we receive from everyone and for all the blessings the Lord gives us. We thank Him everyday for what we have and we pray that He keeps all of you and yours close to Him too!

No comments: