Monday, May 4, 2009

My Sister the Artist



"Exaggerations" April 20-April 24, 2009




The week of April 20th - 24th was my sister's art exhibit at WNC. All semester long she has been working on several paintings to make her show. On Friday April 24, she had her closing reception. She put a lot of hard work and time into her endeavor and as a result her paintings turned out amazing.

There was a very nice spread of refreshments. Various people brought different things and it made for some very nice snacking.


Dwayne was even able to take a small break and come see what was going on.

Dwayne was on of the subjects that Mellie used for her paintings.
I was one of Mellie's subjects too. This picture is neat because to the left of Dwayne is his portrait and to the right of me is my portrait.
So Congratulations to my baby sister on a great show!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Wow! What an experience! Mellie has done such a great job......talent and education = SUCCESS! Go Mellie GO!!!!! The future is in you hands! Cindy