Saturday, May 23, 2009

Survived!


(In nursing school we work with what are called "Nursing Diagnoses" the r/t stands for related to and the AEB stands for as evidenced by. I don't think there is a nursing student around that wouldn't agree with this diagnosis! )




Well, its official! I survived my first year of nursing school. With the help of my fellow classmates, the support of my hubby as well as those I work with, and the encouragement of my mommy and other family, I made it a very successful first year! I did well and am looking forward to having this summer off.


(This is the building we all go in to for classes. Although we are in the WNC nursing program, we have a nursing lab set up in one of the old hospital buildings)

Okay, I will sorta' have this summer off. I have signed up to do what is called a nurse apprenticeship. In a nurse apprenticeship you take all the skills you learned the first year of school and use them at a medical facility alongside a licensed nurse. It helps you fine tune what you know and build on everything you've been given during your first year.



Along with the apprenticeship our second year instructors loaded us down with some massive amounts of homework to be done over the summer and due the first day of class. Homework over the summer is kind of a bummer but at least it'll keep my mind in thinking mode.



I am happy to report that I have already read two and a half non-school books (we've been out a week)! I will of course work through the summer. I am taking a small girls trip away with my best friend but more on that to come later. We have plans to finish our back yard this summer and to finish up the last few little things on the inside of our home. But, most of all, and most importantly of all, I plan on catching up on SLEEP this summer!



We hope everyone has a safe and fun summer. Keep checking back to stay updated on all our summer activities!

1 comment:

4 cute chicks said...

YAY SUMMER!!
I'm so proud of you for sticking with it and making it through your 1st year of nursing school. It'll be over before you know it then you'll be rakin in the dough. :-) J/K
No, really, Enjoy your summer off and I'll see ya at work.
Congrats again!